Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Reading Challenges: Vintage Mystery, Mt. TBR, Follow the Clues, and Read it again, Sam

Well, 2017 is underway and it is time to sign up for new challenges. Bev @ My Reader's Block has again offered us a bouquet of challenges. I am signing-up for the following:

1. VINTAGE MYSTERY COVER SCAVENGER HUNT


According to Bev, "Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to find as many objects on the scavenger hunt list as possible on the covers of the mystery books you read. Once again,  you may play along in either the Golden or Silver Mystery Eras (or, for the more adventurous, both). See check lists below:




My goal is to find 12 objects from the Golden Age list.

*

2. MT. TBR READING CHALLENGE




For the last two years, I have failed to conquer even the smallest peak but this year I hope to read at least 12 books from my own shelves and conquer Pike's Peak.


*

3. FOLLOW THE CLUES MYSTERY CHALLENGE



A brand new offering. Here's how the challenge has been described: "To follow a set of clues furnished by the mystery books you read to create a body of evidence to support a book court case. Each book clue should lead you to your next read. The connection can be anything at all from author names to motive for murder to type of mystery (police procedural, espionage, romantic thriller, etc) to an item on the cover, but you must be able to make your case to the jury on your detective logic. I would prefer that you not read eight books from the same author and use the author/series character/etc. as the clue link, however. "

I am signing-up for the 'Infraction' level which means I'll be reading 6 books in a single chain of evidence.

*

4. READ IT AGAIN, SAM




A challenge that encourages us to reread. I am signing up for the Deja Vu level which means that I'll be (re)reading at least four books for the challenge.

*

If you too want to join these challenges, click on their titles.


6 comments:

  1. These challenges look fun, Neer. I am doing the Vintage Scavenger again, and the Read it Again challenge. The Follow the Clues challenge sounds very interesting but not sure I would be able to make the connections. I will think about that one more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mot doing Mt. TBR this time, Tracy?

      Delete
    2. I elected not to do the MT. TBR this time because my problem with challenges is the linking up after reviewing. With the TBR, that turns out to be a lot of books for me. I have been cogitating more on the Follow the Clues challenge though. It would not be easy but would be interesting.

      Delete
    3. I have the same problem. Linking up is a pain. But I am glad you are thinking about joining Follow the Clue. I too have started on a trail of evidence.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're joining in with my challenges. And, honest--you aren't required to link up reviews for Mount TBR (or any of the challenges, really). For those with prizes--the check-in posts and final tallies are all that I require.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad to join in your challenges Bev.

      Delete